Tips for Insta Newbies
So many of us on are on Instagram posting pics and captions. But how well, do we really know the terms we are using?
One of the things I have loved about our teachers is that they not only teach us HOW to do certain dance moves but also make us understand technically what they mean? If someone asked you, could you describe the moves you know how to do or terms used?
Here are a few examples:
- Pirouette – A turn on one leg, having the inner leg bent where the pointed foot reaches the knee in a parallel position or with the classic turnout.
- Musicality – The ability to perceive the music and integrate it into the dance.
- Legato – A quality of movement where the flow doesn’t stop but the feeling is always continuous.
Now let’s get back to those Instagram posts! Are you a beginner and still learning your way around?
It is always changing. So here are a few terms for you beginners!
- Bio – That’s that important info on your page that tells the world all about you. But, be careful! There are limits to the number of characters that you cans use, so be creative to make your page shine!
- Tag – the @ symbol in front of other user’s names. You can add tags to your photos to get feature pages and brands to notice your post. Again, there is a limit of how many tags you can use. AND, make sure you if you tag a company, you are actually wearing/using their products.
- IG Stories – Another great way to share photos and videos. But don’t forget, they do disappear after 24 hours unless you add it to a highlight. It’s a great way to grow followers and support your friends!
Hope this helps you on your instajourney!