Follow Ashley on Instagram @dance.sparkle.ashley
Photo: Lisa Ann Photography
Tips for healthy eating at conventions and long dance days.
It's really important when you have a long day of dance at a convention or at your dance school to make healthy food choices to help you get through the day. Below are some things that I do.
* Bring my own snacks to conventions. Often the breaks are very short and there is not enough time to buy food onsite. If you bring your own food then if you are hungry you can have a quick bite.
* Drink lots of water. It is very important to keep hydrated.
* Eat small meals. If you eat heavy meals it can make you feel tired and you need to keep your energy up for dance.
* Eat protein. My favorite snacks are hummus and carrots and cheese sticks and crackers.
* Eat snacks that aren't messy. If you have sticky fingers or if they are covered with cheese flavored dust you will need to go wash your hands and you could miss important things in class.
If you are at a convention, don't forget to have fun too.
Hope these tips helped with your snack planning for conventions and long dance days.