Ava's Competition Makeup Tips
Makeup can be one of the most stressful parts of getting ready for competition, especially when it involves eye liner and eye lashes. I have actually been spending time during quarantine practicing so that I can do my own dance makeup instead of relying on my mom. I think practice is the key to being successful in anything! These are some tips that my mom and I find helpful when getting stage ready!
1. Every dancer has their own routine, for me I like to get completely ready before arriving at my competition. We do better in a less stressful environment! I always try to do my hair and makeup at home or in the hotel!
2. I start with a matte powder foundation that helps to smooth my skin and helps the rest of the makeup stick for the long day.
3. Then I put on my blush which goes on much darker than normal! Always remember you are going to have lots of lights on you when you are on stage.
4. Now I move to the part that takes the most practice - the eyes!
5. I use an eye makeup primer and put this on my eyelids first. I let this dry for a few minutes.
6. We do the smoky eye look, so next, I begin blending my eyes with a dark grey and light gray.
7. Next I dab some glitter on both eyes, I use a piece of paper under my eye so that the glitter doesn’t get all over my face.
8. I use a red Revlon Colorstay on my lips and then dab them with red glitter.
9. Now it is time for the dreaded eye lashes. We use a brush on glue. You brush it on and let it sit a minute then my mom applies it to my eye. I then press until it feels secure. We reuse our eyelashes usually for 2 competitions before using new ones.
10. After this is done to both eyes I apply mascara! I still don’t use eye liner because I just can’t do it so close to my eye.
11. Finally, I look in the mirror, put on my fierce and sassy dance face and I am ready to go!
I hope you all liked a sneak peak of how I do my makeup and some tips to help you!! I can’t wait to get back to competing and doing hair and makeup!
Click here to read "Izabella Reviews Her Fav Dance Shows"